SEOUL, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. plans to buy a 1.5 percent stake in Hyundai Motor Co for 210.7 billion won ($229.7 million), the world's top shipbuilder said on Thursday. Hyundai Heavy said in a filing to the Korea Exchange that the purchase would lift its stake in Hyundai Motor, South Korea's biggest automaker, to 3.46 percent. A Hyundai Heavy official said the company had not decided when and how to buy the stake. ($1=917.4 Won)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Heavy says to increase Hyundai Motor stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.