NEW DELHI, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co plans to move more than a third of its i20 car production in India to Europe by the middle of 2010, the managing director of its Indian unit said on Friday. H.S. Lheem told reporters they would shift production of about 70,000 cars to Europe to get tax benefits. The company currently has an annual capacity to make 200,000 i20 cars in India. Lheem said they expected the company's car sales in India to increase to 580,000 in the year to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai India to move some i20 production to Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.