NEW DELHI, May 30 (Reuters) - South Korea's top automaker, Hyundai Motor Co , hopes to launch its small car in India by 2011 or 2012, the managing director of its India unit said on Friday. The company has said it is developing a car priced at around $3,500 to attract customers in China and India, where competition is set to hot up when Tata Motors starts selling its $2,500 Nano, possibly the world's cheapest, later this year. Motorcycle maker Bajaj Auto owns 50 percent in a venture with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai to launch small car in India by 2011 -exec" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.