By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Seeking to jumpstart a sagging domestic car market, South Korea's top auto maker, Hyundai Motor Co. , is set to unveil on Tuesday a new model it hopes will help it emulate the path to success of bigger rival Toyota. Analysts are optimistic the NF Sonata, a premium sedan similar to Volkswagen AG's Audi A6 saloon, can help Hyundai move nearer its target of becoming one of the world's top five car makers by 2010. The potential significance of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Motor bets on new Sonata to power sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.