SEOUL, March 24 (Reuters) - South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co said on Monday it had agreed with UK-based Caparo Group's Indian unit to produce and sell high-end buses in India, targeting the fast-growing commercial vehicle market. India's commercial vehicle market stood at 290,000 units last year, including 5,000 premium buses. Hyundai, which said in February it was talking to Indian firms for a possible venture for commercial vehicles, expected the market for "luxury" buses, to be mainly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Motor, Caparo to make buses in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.