MUMBAI, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co has added a third shift in a plant in southern India to raise production of its i10 hatchback, the company said, as part of a plan to make India its global manufacturing hub for small cars. Hyundai, South Korea's top automaker, has sold about 172,000 units of the i10 since its launch in October 2007, and the output at its new plant near Chennai would be stepped up to meet local and overseas demand, it said in a statement late on Tuesday. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Motor ups production of i10 in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.