SEOUL, Dec 31 (Reuters) - South Korea's top auto maker, Hyundai Motor Co , said on Wednesday its sales rose slightly to 27.8 trillion won ($23.2 billion) this year from 27.3 trillion won last year. Brisk exports of high-value vehicles, such as Santa Fe sport utility vehicle, helped compensate for a sharp decline in domestic sales, bringing total car sales this year to 1.98 million units, a company spokesman said. ($1=1197.3 Won)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Motor's 2003 sales up slightly on exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.