By Hyunjoo Jin and Norihiko Shirouzu SEOUL/BEIJING July 31 (Reuters) - South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor is planning to launch a car made just for China in early 2014 as it tries to regain momentum in the world's biggest auto market, where it lost market share during the first half of 2012. According to two individuals with direct knowledge of the car, Hyundai is shrinking the mid-size Sonata sedan to create what one of the sources described as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai tries to revive momentum with new China-only car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.