Oct 21 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn wants Navistar International Corp to consider merging with rival Oshkosh Corp , though he has not yet made a formal proposal to either company, several people familiar with the situation said. The activist investor, who has amassed 10 percent stakes in each of the companies, is currently in discussions with Navistar about getting one or more seats on the board of the U.S. truck and engine maker, these people said. A deal, however, is far ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Icahn interested in Navistar, Oshkosh merger-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642