TURIN, Italy, May 24 (Reuters) - Italian holding group Ifil defended on Wednesday a complex transaction made last year to preserve its control over Fiat , saying it helped bring stability to the troubled Italian automaker. The transaction allowed Ifil to keep its stake in Fiat at about 30 percent after a group of banks converted a 3-billion-euro ($3.85 billion) loan into Fiat shares. The loan conversion would have otherwise reduced Ifil's stake. "With (Ifil's stake) at 22 percent, there ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ifil defends operation to keep control over Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.