BUDAPEST, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Hungarian bus maker Ikarus Rt. said in a statement on Tuesday it would buy back the loss-making bus manufacturing activity from Ikarusbus Rt, owned by Europe's second-largest bus maker, Irisbus. Irisbus, 65 percent owned by Fiat unit Iveco and 35 percent by Renault , purchased Ikarusbus at the end of 1999, but due to weak domestic and foreign demand Ikarusbus continues to make losses. Ikarus said under the new ownership Ikarusbus failed to carry out technical ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ikarus to buy back Irisbus' Hungarian unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.