FRANKFURT, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Chrysler chief Dieter Zetsche, set to become DaimlerChrysler chief executive from the start of 2006, will also be in charge of its Mercedes Car Group division from Sept. 1 this year, the carmaker said on Thursday. Current Mercedes chief Eckhard Cordes, who was passed over in the race for the group CEO job, is leaving the world's fifth-biggest carmaker at the end of August at his own request, it said in a statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Incoming Daimler CEO to head Mercedes as well" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.