* Hike in excise duty lower than expected * Increase in personal tax limit a positive * Auto index surges more than 4 percent after speech By Aniruddha Basu MUMBAI, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Auto parts makers heaved a sigh of relief after the finance minister announced a lower-than- expected rollback of an excise duty cut and did not raise service tax, industry officials and analysts said on Friday. "It's a good budget. It was a tightrope walk for the finance minister. He has tried to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INDIA BUDGET-Auto parts cos relieved by mild excise rollback" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.