* Net profit 4.24 bln rupees vs 4.85 bln rupees estimate * Says profit hit by adverse currency movements * Lockout at key factory may further hit Maruti NEW DELHI, July 28 (Reuters) - Maruti Suzuki, India's biggest carmaker, lagged estimates with a 23 percent fall in fiscal first-quarter profit, its fourth consecutive quarterly profit decline, as a weak local rupee currency pushed up costs. Maruti, 54.2 percent owned by Japan's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Maruti Q1 net falls 23 pct, 4th straight qtrly profit drop" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.