By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Indian auto components makers are scouting for distressed firms in the United States and Europe to gain a foothold in these markets and access technologies and clients even as western manufacturers look to trim costs. Exports of auto components from Indian firms, whose manufacturing costs are 30-40 percent lower than in the West, have grown at 25 percent a year in the past five years. Consulting firm McKinsey has forecast India's exports can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian auto parts makers drive overseas for growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.