NEW DELHI, June 24 (Reuters) - Sales of new cars in India dropped 9.7 percent in May from a year earlier, with a fall in sales at the country's top three car makers, figures released on Monday by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers showed. But combined sales of trucks and buses vaulted 53 percent in the month, the first sign of a recovery after they fell in the past financial year, analysts said. Scooter sales fell 16.8 percent in May, motorcycle sales surged 51.1 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian May car sales fall; truck, bus sales rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.