BOMBAY/NEW DELHI, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Indian truckers will go on an indefinite strike from Saturday to protest against a government move to impose a service tax on transport booking agents. The government proposed a 10 percent service tax on freight agencies in the 2004/05 budget in a bid to widen the service tax net and boost revenue. "Transport of goods will come to a halt from Saturday. From tomorrow morning there will be a complete stoppage," I.B. Singh, secretary-general of the Delhi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian truckers to strike from Sat against svc tax" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.