By Narayanan Somasundaram MUMBAI, May 19 (Reuters) - Indian auto parts maker Amtek Auto Ltd. has earmarked $250 million to buy companies in the United States and Europe, where vehicle makers are cutting costs by sourcing components from Asia, a top official said on Friday. Amtek, which makes transmission, gear box and engine parts, would spend another $100 million to expand manufacturing in India to cater to the factories of acquired entities, Finance Director Santosh Singhi said. "We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Amtek readies $250 mln to buy firms abroad" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.