MUMBAI, Dec 21 (Reuters) - India's Mahindra & Mahindra said on Monday its tractor-making venture with China's Yueda Group was investing $18 million to set up a research and development centre and a plant for making engines. The Indian utility vehicles and tractor maker had bought a majority stake in Yancheg Tractors last year, with a commitment to invest about $40 million. (Reporting by Janaki Krishnan; Editing by John Mair)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Mahindra to expand China tractor unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.