MUMBAI, Feb 1 (Reuters) - India's biggest car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , said on Thursday it sold 65,341 vehicles in January, its highest ever monthly sales, up 30 percent from 50,109 units a year earlier. Maruti said it sold 62,248 units in the domestic market, up 28 percent from 48,526 units a year earlier. Its exports nearly doubled to 3,093 units from 1,583 a year earlier. Maruti is 54.2-percent-owned by Suzuki Motor Corp. , Japan's largest minicar maker.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Maruti Jan vehicle sales up 30 pct on year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.