MUMBAI, June 1 (Reuters) - India's biggest car marker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , said on Friday it sold 59,400 vehicles in May, up 11.2 percent from 53,396 units a year earlier. Maruti said it sold 55,952 units in the domestic market, also up 9.9 percent from 50,904 units a year earlier. Its exports rose 38.4 percent to 3,448 units from 2,492 units a year earlier. Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp. has a majority stake in Maruti.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Maruti May sales up 11.2 percent on year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642