MUMBAI, Oct 29 (Reuters) - India's biggest car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , said on Saturday it would increase production of its recently launched hatchback, Swift, by 30 percent to meet growing demand. Maruti, 54.2 percent held by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp. , would produce 6,500 units of Swift cars from November, up from 5,000 a month till now, a statement from Maruti said. It had sold more than 27,000 units of Swift since its launch five months ago. Maruti, which controls nearly half ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Maruti to up Swift production 30 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642