MUMBAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - India's top car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , said on Tuesday it would cut prices of its small cars by 13,000 rupees to 22,000 rupees following an excise duty cut in India's federal budget for the year to March 2007. Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram proposed to cut the excise duty on small cars to 16 percent from 24 percent. Maruti Udyog Managing Director Jagdish Khattar told a television news channel the company would cut prices of its small car models to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Maruti Udyog says to cut small car prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642