MUMBAI, Oct 31 (Reuters) - India's top vehicle maker, Tata Motors Ltd , reported on Wednesday a surprising 19 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating analysts forecast on higher sales. The New York-listed firm , which has about 60 percent of India's $7 billion truck and bus market, said standalone net profit rose to 5.27 billion rupees ($134 million) in the fiscal second quarter to Sept. 30 from 4.42 billion a year ago. The result beat a Reuters poll forecast for 3.89 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's Tata Motors Q2 net up 19 pct, beats f'cast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.