NEW DELHI, Sept 26 (Reuters) - India's largest carmaker, Maruti Udyog Ltd, a unit of Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp, forecast on Thursday a more than 150 percent leap in exports this fiscal year due to the success of its Alto compact car in Europe. The increase in foreign sales would be a boost to Maruti which was forced to slash prices in July on its top-selling model to boost a shrinking local market share. The New Delhi-based carmaker, held 54.2 percent by Japan's largest minicar maker, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India's top carmaker expects exports to leap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642