JAKARTA, April 30 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , a Chinese car and battery maker backed by billionaire Warren Buffett, is in talks to build a car or battery plant in Indonesia worth around $200 million, Indonesia's investment chief told Reuters on Saturday. Gita Wirjawan, speaking during a two-day visit by Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao to Indonesia, said the firm was looking for local partners in Southeast Asia's biggest economy, which is seeing surging consumer demand for cars. (Reporting by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indonesia says China's BYD in talks for car, battery plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642