Honda May sales skyrocket 347.8%.
MUMBAI – India light-vehicle sales rose 10.7% in May compared with year-ago, to 262,983 units, according to WardsAuto data, but acted as a drag on the 14.6% year-to-date growth rate. New-car deliveries edged up just 3.7% to 164,629 units, lifted by Honda Siel’s 347.8% spike to 10,313. But volume-leader Maruti Suzuki saw sales drop 5.9% to 72,309, and second-place Hyundai deliveries rose a mere 3.0% to 31,939. Light-commercial-vehicle sales advanced 24.8% to 98,354 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Double-Digit Gain in May Belies India Sales Cooldown" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642