Plastic impact beam expected to go into production in 2017.
Aluminum, carbon fiber and high-strength steel alloys have dominated the automotive materials discussion in recent years, but DuPont is reintroducing the topic of plastics with a number of significant breakthroughs. A plastic side-impact door beam is the supplier’s latest showcase technology. Developed with PSA Peugeot Citroen, it is up to 60% lighter than a comparable part made from ultra-high-strength steel, depending on size and design. With a beam in every door, that adds up to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DuPont Develops Plastic Side-Impact Door Beam" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642