Transit output ends at Southampton plant July 26.
With two of its plants to close within days, Ford U.K. says it is meeting its commitment to maintain local investment and to complete its restructuring plans entirely through voluntary separations or redeployment within the company. Ford of Europe last fall announced plans to reduce manufacturing overcapacity after a more than 20% drop in total industry vehicle demand across Western Europe, where sales are at a 20-year low with a prolonged downturn since 2008. The revamp includes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford U.K. Says Engineering Smooth Restructuring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642