Top importer VW's lineup includes Sharan compact van.
TOKYO – Japan’s import-car sales maintained steady growth through the first eight months of 2012 and by the end of December likely will post another strong year. Sales through August totaled 197,768 units, up 14.5% year-on-year, according to the monthly sales report published last week by the Japan Automobile Importers Assn. Cars accounted for 95% of deliveries during the period (see data). For the full year, sales are on track to exceed 290,000 units, although Bloomberg ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Foreign Auto Makers Making More Headway in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642