Cruze sedan built for domestic market at Russian plant.
VIENNA – General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson attends the official groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of the GM Auto car plant in St. Petersburg, Russia Friday. GM Auto, GM’s wholly owned subsidiary, will increase its annual production capacity from the current 98,000 units to 230,000 by 2015. Employment will increase from the present 2,500 to 4,000. The project is the most significant development for the auto maker’s Russian operations since GM Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Breaks Ground for St. Petersburg Plant Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642