Last year, the Esztergom factory built 171,700 cars.
VIENNA – Magyar Suzuki will suspend operation of a second shift at its plant in Esztergom, Hungary, in November and December. The auto maker expects to reintroduce the shift in January. Magyar Suzuki employs 3,400 workers. There currently are no plans to eliminate jobs, the company says. The Esztergom plant builds five models: the Suzuki Swift, Splash and SX4, as well as the Splash-based Opel Agila and SX4-derived Fiat Sedici. Volume production of the new-generation SX4 is to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hungarian Suzuki Plant to Cut Second Shift Temporarily" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642