Deep discount on popular Safari luxury SUV helped grow Tata sales.
MUMBAI – India’s October light-vehicle sales jumped 33.4% to 292,611 units, a record for the month. Buyer enthusiasm during the festival season, coupled with new models, big discounts, price cuts and imaginative promotions made this possible. Auto makers offered rebates ranging from from Rs25,000 ($480) on small cars to Rs500,000 ($9,600) on super-luxury models. Tata reduced the price of its Safari Dicor SUV by Rs180,000 ($3,460) and by lesser amounts on gasoline-powered ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Market Posts October Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642