Maruti Suzuki gains came against backdrop of poor prior-year result.
MUMBAI – A 15% surge in August new-car sales from year-ago tells only half the story of India’s auto industry struggles, as a 14.4% drop in light trucks left overall light-vehicle sales up just 0.8% to 228,039 units, according to WardsAuto data. Last month’s result largely was skewed by Maruti Suzuki, which saw car sales spike 100.6% to 63,499 units even as light trucks tumbled 32.2% to 12,519. The country’s biggest auto maker saw total LV deliveries climb ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Needle Barely Budges on India's August LV Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642