Five of six engines earmarked for locally built Camry, Camry Hybrid.
Toyota Australia begins exports of its new, locally built 4-cyl. AR series engines to Thailand and Malaysia a week after full production starts at its new Altona engine plant outside Melbourne. It is the first time Toyota Australia has sold stand-alone engines to the two countries. Both gasoline and hybrid versions are being shipped, with the first deliveries expected next month. About 108,000 engines will be produced this year, 85% of them gasoline and 15% hybrid. Toyota expects to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz-Built Toyota Engines Going to Thailand, Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642