Test results likely to lead to side-airbag improvements.
The United Nations World Forum for the Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations approves the first rule based upon tests using an advanced side-impact crash dummy. Australia’s Monash University Accident Research Center says the WorldSID1 50th-percentile adult male dummy, which closely emulates the behavior of the human body, allowed it to improve side-impact crash-test procedures through development of a Global Technical Regulation on Pole Side Impact. The regulation, developed by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Dummy Plays Key Role in Crash-Safety Rulemaking" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642