Deal could restore Exora maker Proton’s trade ties with Turkey.
Proton begins talks with a Turkish auto maker to assemble Proton cars in Turkey in a proposal that could lead to a joint venture to develop a Turkish car. Proton adviser Mahathir Mohamad, a former Malaysian prime minister, says negotiations will advance once Proton is officially taken private by DRB-Hicom later this month. Mahathir is acting as a consultant in the transaction. “The idea is initially, of course, to probably assemble Proton cars there and eventually develop a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Discussing Possible JV in Turkey " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642