Hilux, other 1-ton pickups Thai market favorites.
A veteran industry leader sees Thailand’s auto sector building up to 4 million vehicles a year in the not-too-distant future. Former Thai Automotive Institute director Vallop Tiasiri says if nothing goes wrong, auto production in 2012 should approach 2 million vehicles. "This year many of the new assembly plants are not running at full capacity, whether it is Ford, Mitsubishi or Suzuki, so (reaching) the 3-million production figure is not a difficult equation anymore,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Industry Veteran Bullish on Future" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642