Toyota U.K. switches on almost 13,000 solar panels at its Deeside factory in North Wales able to produce up to nearly 3.5 million kWh a year – enough electricity to build as many as 22,500 engines. The multimillion-dollar solar array, designed and installed by British Gas, also offers potential savings of more than 1,980 lbs. (1,800 t) of carbon-dioxide emissions a year. The solar panels will provide up to 10% of all the electricity required for manufacturing at the site, which makes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota U.K. Taps Sun to Help Run Wales Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642