Nissan Sunderland plant U.K.’s largest manufacturing operation.
New-car production in the U.K. rose 3.1% in 2013 to 1,464,906 units, the highest volume since 2007, prompting predictions that output will reach record levels of about 2 million by 2017. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Mike Hawes says the region could become Europe’s third-largest car producer. “2013 demonstrated the value of the U.K.’s diverse car-manufacturing industry, as surging home demand and robust exports outside Europe saw output grow,” he says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Output Hits 6-Year High in 2013; CVs Slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642