FRANKFURT, Sept 21 (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon is close to a spin-off of its biggest unit, the loss-making memory chip business, the Handelsblatt newspaper said on Wednesday. Citing company sources, the paper said the firm's supervisory board is set to pave the way for the plan at a meeting on Nov.17. Infineon sees better opportunities for its other semiconductors business for the car and telecoms industry, Handelsblatt added. Munich-based Infineon has repeatedly mooted the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Infineon nearing spin-off of memory chip unit-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.