* GM Ventures can spend $200 mln in its first 3 years * Funds still modest but symbolically important * Wants to find the next HP-style inventor * VC investing in transport-related areas up in 2011 By Ben Klayman DETROIT, Aug 16 (Reuters) - From an empty auto-parts plant in the heart of Rust Belt America, General Motors Co is out to show the world that the automaker once dismissed as an industrial dinosaur has gained some Silicon Valley cool just two years after its taxpayer-funded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INSIGHT-GM hopes spending on start-ups will make it cool" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.