* African developer Optimal Energy seeking $1 bln * Says China, Korea and India automakers interested * Optimal eyes annual production of 50,000 by 2015 * Says step up in production would create 8,000-12,000 jobs By Wendell Roelf CAPE TOWN, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Developers of Africa's first all-electric car are courting top Asian auto companies to raise close to $1 billion and boost production to 50,000 units a year by 2015, an executive said on Friday. The five-seater multi-purpose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-African electric car team in Asia funding drive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642