BOCHUM, Germany Jan 27 (Reuters) - Suppliers of automotive parts are struggling to keep up with a rise in demand, putting a strain on the entire car industry, the head of premium carmaker Daimler told Reuters on Thursday. "The supply industry overall is under quite a strain. Everyone is struggling," Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said on the sidelines of an industry conference. Output at Daimler's factories have for now not been directly affected, he added. (Reporting by Tom Kaeckenhoff, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW- Daimler says procurement shortages hit car sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.