BEIJING, Feb 1 (Reuters) - General Motors is considering adding new plants in China in 2011 and after, a senior executive said on Tuesday. GM is also planning to export a "substantial amount" of its Chevrolet Sail small cars to emerging markets, said Terry Johnsson, vice president of the automaker's China operations. But he did not give an exact timeframe. "We have pretty ambitious plans on the exports side," Johnsson told Reuters in a telephone interview. "It's far beyond the numbers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-GM weighs China plants, plans substantial Sail exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.