By Alan Baldwin VALENCIA, Spain, June 27 (Reuters) - Pirelli have asked Formula One teams to come up with a way of testing next year's tyres without anyone having an advantage, motorsport director Paul Hembery said on Sunday. The Italian company, returning for the first time since 1991, was appointed last week as Bridgestone's replacement from next season on a three-year deal as the sport's sole tyre supplier. With current rules banning Formula One teams from testing during the season, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-Motor racing-Pirelli wary of favouring any F1 team" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.