* Sees the need for gov't subsidies for next 3-5 yrs * Says important to price electric cars for mass market SAN JOSE, California, July 27 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co said on Tuesday that the company needs up to 5 years of support from various governments in the form of subsidies to build a sustainable market for electric vehicles. Nissan, which is introducing its Leaf all-electric car in December, needs government incentives to trigger volume so it can bring down the cost of the car, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-Nissan says needs 5 years of subsidies for EVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642