* Rupee devaluation long overdue - treasury sec * Devaluation to cut trade deficit * ITC to invest $450 mln in hotel By Shihar Aneez COLOMBO, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Sri Lanka's rupee exchange rate should be driven by market forces except in cases of volatility, but this week's 3 percent devaluation was necessary medicine to ease a ballooning trade gap, the country's finance secretary said on Thursday. Finance Ministry Secretary P.B. Jayasundera, the top technocrat in the island ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-Sri Lanka rupee rate should be market-driven" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642