BANGKOK, May 27 (Reuters) - Thai Storage Battery , Thailand's biggest battery maker, expects to return to profit in 2009 as lead prices recover from last year's slump, a senior company executive said on Wednesday. The company posted a net loss of 472 million baht ($13.7 million) for the year ended Dec. 31, 2008 on revenue of 3.8 billion baht after suffering a loss on the inventory value of its lead stockpile during a period of great price volatility last year. "We expect no earnings loss ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-Thai Storage Battery sees '09 return to profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642