*CEO sees 'six or seven years' of US auto recovery ahead *Orders for inventory up by half, looking for acquisitions *Company also weighs share buybacks, stepped-up capex-CFO (Adds detail from interviews with CEO, CFO, adds byline) By Kevin Krolicki FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Sept 23 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc , the top U.S. auto dealership chain, is ready to go "on offense" by acquiring new stores and buying more vehicles as it bets that the battered U.S. auto market is headed for a long ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-AutoNation sees US rebound, goes 'on offense'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.